Billingtons Sugar x Blondies Kitchen
We teamed up with Billingtons sugar to create the ultimate Easter treat - our hot cross bun milk. Whether you like it straight up, poured over cereal or even in your coffee. It’s a winner. We took to the streets of London to treat some lucky sugar lovers to this one off special.
Didn't catch us out and about? Check out the recipe below. Let us know your thoughts!
Hot Cross Bun Milk Recipe
Prep: 15 mins plus infusing
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 hot cross buns (torn into pieces)
- 2 pints of whole milk (1.136 litres)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 10g caster sugar
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the torn hot cross buns on a baking tray and toast for 10 mins until golden all over. Transfer to a large bowl and pour over the milk, sprinkling over the cinnamon and ground ginger. Mix the caster sugar with 40ml of boiling water to dissolve and leave to cool a little.
- Pour the cooled sugar syrup into the milk and stir everything together. Cover with cling and set aside to infuse for approx. 30 mins.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve. Serve in small milk bottles or glasses with a straw. Its even delicious poured over cornflakes for a yummy Easter breakfast.
<3 Blondies Kitchen